For all Catholics:
1. Pray for an increase in vocations to the priesthood and consecrated life.
2. Teach young people how to pray.
3. Make it attractive. Show the priesthood for what it truly is – a call to be a spiritual father to the whole family of faith.
4. Invite active young adults and teens to consider a vocation to the priesthood or consecrated life.
5. Preach it, brother! Vocations must be talked about regularly if a “vocation culture” is to take root in parishes and homes.
For those considering a vocation:
6. Practice the faith.
7. Enter into the Silence.
8. Be a good disciple.
9. Ask God. Ask God what He wants for your life and know He only wants what is good for you.
10. In the immortal words of a famous sneaker manufacturer: “Just do it!”
For the full story, read the tips from Fr. David Toups (interim director of the Office of Clergy, Consecrated Life and Vocations at the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops) here.